DEVELOPING AN ARMY OF ADVOCATES
In collaboration with the Prostate Conditions Education Council, and in partnership with many other US-based prostate cancer organizations, Prostate Cancer International is building a new US grassroots initiative focused on prostate cancer awareness and advocacy:
- The Prostate Cancer Community Awareness Councils will become the army we need to drive greater investment and focus on prostate cancer research and education across America.
LET’S TALK ABOUT PROSTATE CANCER
The “Let’s Talk About Prostate Cancer” video series has been created to help people to “meet” opinion-makers across the prostate cancer community … from respected clinicians to patient activists and support group leaders. You can view these brief videos on this site or on YouTube. Other prostate cancer organizations are also welcome to download these videotaped interviews from the YouTube web site and present them on their own web sites or through other means.
WEB-BASED PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Prostate Cancer International, Inc. currently manages a series of five interconnected, informational prostate cancer web sites for the global community:
- The “New” Prostate Cancer InfoLink — a combination of classic web site, with extensive, highly structured content, a daily newsblog, and a mentoring service through which people can ask questions about prostate cancer
- The “New” Prostate Cancer InfoLink Social Network — a web site where anyone interested in or affected by prostate cancer can gather to share information and knowledge, including patients, family members, and health professionals
- Prostate Cancer Africa — a web site providing core informational resources about prostate cancer for every nation in Africa
- Prostate Cancer Caribbean — a web site providing core informational resources about prostate cancer for every island nation in the Caribbean
- El Cáncer de Próstata Latinoamérica — a web site providing core informational resources about prostate cancer for every nation in Central and South America